Tuesday, September 27, 2011


A mid-size house project is underway, so I don't have much time.  I wanted to share with you two photos from one of the many fall celebrations that went on over the weekend.  It seemed every small town in nw Ohio honored the autumnal equinox with a street fair.  Even though the day was chilled with sprinkles and gray clouds hung overhead, my sister, sister-in-law, and I chose to walk the streets of Fayette in search of fall.  We found gourds, mums, flea market items, home-baked goods galore, and one store selling retro bottles of soda pop just like when we were kids.  (more on the soda pop in another post)

I found a few things I was looking for....mums
Yep, there were chrysanthemums 2 for $5.00.  What a great price.  And of course colorful gourds and mini-pumpkins, 6 for $1.00!  Decorating for song. 

A hear the call of a paintbrush so I must run.  I hope you have a wonderful fall Tuesday!

5 comments:

  1. how lovely....both the shopping goodies and the photography! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how delightful the chair image is! A joy to see :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Teresa O!
    Your outing with your sister and sister in law sounds like heaven ! AND your new "potted" treasures look beautiful in your photograph! What a lovely welcome to this glorious season! Still it will be warm hear for awhile. BUT finally now the light with the long shadows brings joy to my heart. This is the time of year I love so much! I am a FALL GIRL!! This week is are annual citywide Garage Sale, so I guess you know what that means???? I feel like a little girl waiting for Santa.

    Hugs to you beautiful one!
    Constance

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see I wrote hear instead of here and are rather than our.

    AT LEAST I can catch it the second time around~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great price for those mums. I love that last photo :)

    ReplyDelete

Treasured comments from treasured friends...