Like the November rose I photographed on Sunday, I'm a bit ragged at times and bruised by life's hard edges, but I'm ever so thankful for joys and simple blessings.
I'm going to take Sarah Ban Breathnach's advice and share five things I'm thankful today...today when gray skies opened and rain falls on the chilled November ground.
1. I am thankful for family. They are the foundation that continually holds me up.
Photograph of my daughter and grandson by Nicole Lovins
2. There are two men who came into my life 8 years ago. One delights me every day with his brown eyes and silly antics. The other has encouraged and supported me through good & bad decisions. For these two special people I give thanks.
3. It's the small, unexpected blessings that are often overlooked, like the fact that I forgot to turn off the coffee maker before I left the house this morning. My negligence provided a hot cup of coffee when I came home chilled and damp and boy did it taste good.
4. Cloves, cinnamon, & nutmeg. Oh yes, I'm thankful for those three spices that add a layer of delicious to cookies, pies, apples, and my home.
5. I got my mojo back and oh how I thankful I am that I'm writing with passionate fervor once again.
So what are you grateful for today? Anything in particular? Wanna share?
Have a grand day!