Thursday, September 20, 2012

Colors of September

September is a season unto itself.  Summer holds on to the hem of autumn with warmth of days, while fall sneaks into the year with chilled nights. 
 
Leaves shaded with leopard and tiger like stripes warn of the advancing year. 
I like them very much for their exotic coloring, but the red, orange, and golden hues of autumn await to be called for the grand show.

Soybean fields are turning from green to yellow to brown as temperatures linger in September modes of chill nights and warm days. 

I love this time of year when apples redden, pumpkins turn orange, and golden corn stalks and bright bales of straw decorate suburban homes, but...
 there are still pink zinnias in the garden. 

Linking up with Rural Thursday today.  

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful signs of fall....I think I will get moving and put those pumpkins on the front porch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those colors in the leaves are so pretty! I want to collect some for the boys to work with for crafts. My youngest likes the leaves Asian Beetles ate up. He put them into his artwork http://theapels.blogspot.com/2012/09/ww-isaaks-art-linky.html. I wish they wouldn't eat up the leaves though.


    Thanks for visiting Planet of the Apels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen leaves striped like that before!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teresa, Those leaves are facinating. Beautiful autumn colors in all your photos. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful fall images -- love those leaves and the barn.

    Thanks so much for sharing at Rural Thursdays this week. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the leaves! You should visit my blog and submit it to Orange You Glad It's Friday.

    http://gresham-hoodphoto.blogspot.com

    Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful post. I love this season, and your photographs say why. Have a beautiful day.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! those leaves are beautifull.I just love Autum!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty photos. The leaves are getting so vibrant here!! xo

    ReplyDelete

Treasured comments from treasured friends...