Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I feel like a broken record, but honestly I've never seeen anything like this bug that's bit me this January.  We've all been sick and perhaps passing it back and forth to each other.  Anyhow...this morning I feel good so I searched the kitchen to find photo inspiration. 

Frigid days in winter call for dunking fests with homemade chocolate chip cookies and a glass of cold milk.

Open the fridge door and take out the most colorful fruit hidden within...grapes.  Toss em on a plate and take a few photos.  Love the color of red grapes! 

This is as far as I've gotten decorating for Valentines day...one lonely heart on a pane of the French doors.  How sad is that?

I think this last b&w photo would look great with a texture, but I'm leaving it as is for now.  I didn't do much tweaking on any of them, just some cropping and light color saturating. 

Are you decorating for Valentines day or is val-day not really on your radar?  I'm off soon to visit a couple of my favorite people...yes I'm taking lunch to two of my brothers.  One is laid up with a leg broken in four places and a rod holding it all together.  The other is well....laid off for good.  Such is life in the raging rust belt. 

Stay warm and well my friends!

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic photos, I'd love to be able to take pictures like these. All of mine seem to come out dark and grainy.

    As for Valentine's day I'm not a big fan. It's probably due to the fact that I'm single. One good thing about being alone though, is that I can spend the money I would have spent on a partner, on myself instead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Teresa, It seems to me that you have had a never ending run of decorating since Hallowe'en!! I am sure that you can skip Valentine's Day....perhaps a little holiday somewhere cosy with good food?

    I am sorry to read that you have not been well and hope that you are well on the road to recovery now. You deserve a treat...!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Spangle...I know what you mean about Valentines day, but I'm such a romantic that I just can't ignore it. Thank you for the compliment on my photography. I love taking photos and find more excitement through the camera lens than in almost any other thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hugs Edith! It's so good to see you about the blogosphere. How were your holidays?

    Oh a cozy holiday with good food sounds simply wonderful. Perhaps one of these days. I am feeling so much better that I could jump for joy! I think I finally turned the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Spangle that your photos are fantastic- capturing the bloom on those grapes - and the quote is wonderful - my cat, Rupert, speaks volumes with his eyes.

    Mostly, I want to say to you to take good care of yourself. Get really well soon .... in time for Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you aguja. I'm feeling so much better that I'm ready to take on the world. Thank you for your kind comments, too. There's something soulful about the eyes of most animals, except my cat, Miss Adventure, her's are very haughty and demanding. lol

    ReplyDelete

Treasured comments from treasured friends...