Monday, January 10, 2011

Focus on Comforts

This flu bug has kicked my butt over days, through one week, and into another. Thank goodness for small comforts.

Tea poured from a flowery antique pot into a favorite thin, porcelain cup with the words, Vienna, Austria, stamped on the bottom.




A wedge of Florida orange, juicy delicious in its imperfection, waiting to be squeezed into the hot brew.






Curled up with a warm throw and the words from Michele Roberts book, The Looking Glass,  dancing off the page.

"It's appeal lay precisely in its simplicity." 














And comfort foods like tapioca made fresh with cream, still warm in the bowl. 

Oh how I hope these days of sneezing, wheezing, coughing, and aching are soon behind me.  Thank goodness for simple pleasures that comfort the body, mind, and soul.








CELEBRATE!
I've been meaning to mention that each week, more or less, I'm focusing on a blog, a website, or a link that has touched me in some way.  It may be a new found read, a way to thank a supportive fellow blogger, or just for giggles.  If you have a moment to follow the link in the sidebar titled Celebrating!, I assure you...you'll discover a pleasant diversion.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful, serene photos and words to match. Just to view and to read is a tonic. I am glad that you are on the mend. Take good care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the well wishes, aguja. Every day is better than the one before, but I'm so ready to get back to 'normal.'

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If the tea, tapioca and book were as comforting as they look, I am sure that you are feeling better! What lovely warm images. I'll come back when I have the flu!

    Hope you are better! Be good to yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Marion...Oh they are, very comforting and I am feeling better. It's been a long haul and I'm thankful for these small, but comforting pleasures.

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having the flu is the pits, I hope you are on the upswing by now! I always need more hot tea when I don't feel well, and chicken nooodle soup from Panera Bread!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor Teresa! But at least you are feeling cozy and cared for with your tea and tapioca. My gosh, I haven't eaten tapioca since I was a child, mom used to make it all the time...you reminded me. I love that new banner, it is very classy.
    A little chicken noodle soup always helps, with a large glass of OJ.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sorry you have been so under the weather, teresa ...
    it looks like you are taking very good care of yourself, nurturing and nourishing with the very best medicine!
    so happy to visit your most lovely blog ...
    thank you so much for your kind comment
    on my posting at i.studio ... : )
    take very good care ~
    prairiegirl

    ReplyDelete

Treasured comments from treasured friends...